Back Surgery

I had a lower lumbar surgery on Dec 17th 2008. I have been meaning to tell you all about it, but kept forgetting to. It was amazing on how they went through the side instead of making a opening in the back. The procedure is called the Xlif. If you live in Grand Rapids Michigan, Dr. Timothy Spencer is an amazing doctor.

The reason why I had to have the surgery was because I was losing cartilage inbetween my disks. Also he straightened a little of my scoliosis. I was only in the hospital for one night, but was walking that same night after the surgery.

Everything was going ok, but my second day home I caught the stomach flu. That made everything worse.

I am on my third month and am done with physical therapy and am working out at the gym. I believe that surgery was not to bad was because I was physically fit before having the surgery.

My surgeon told me that my back problems most likely came from the Celiac.

This surgery has been a painful one and sometimes wish I didn't do it, but my surgeon told me that it takes up to nine months before feeling any results. So I am taking it day by day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Review on Rachel Hauck's The Memory House plus Giveaway

Medication Gluten Free List

Below Deck Mediterranean Season 4 Junkie Review