Busy with Wound Problem

Just to keep everyone posted about dealing with a very bad wound on my right mid thigh that started mid-March and still dealing with it.

(his picture is after the wound surgery to clean it up and put the VAC Machine.)

How did I get this wound? Well, it is a long story so I will try to make it short. I went to the ER on Saturday morning because I got a pain shot in my back which triggered inflammation from my back surgery in December. The Doctor at the ER was not very nice to me. I went to the ER because I had a Theatre show to do. To make a long story short the nurse came in the room very arrogantly and jammed the shot in my leg and pushed the med very fast into my thigh. It hurt so much. The medication was Noraflex, a muscle relaxer. I had never had a shot hurt that much.
The next day (Sunday) my leg looked like someone beaten me with a bat very badly. Then on Monday it got worse and a ER doc said it looks like an allergic reaction to that medication. But then a couple days later it got uglier looking. Second to third week it took a burn look to it, but then by the fourth week blood rolled around on top of the skin. Then a ER doctor finally sent me to a wound clinic.
The Wound Clinic peeled the layers of skin where the scabs and blood where. It hurt so much. Then the following week the nurse practioner scrapped the wound clean. She had a surgeon look at me the following week and he scrapped a big hole to try to find the blood source. A couple of weeks I had it cleaned once a week and then the surgeon decided that it would be a good idea to go in for surgery to clean the wound and put a wound vac on. I would have to say that this wounds pain has been worse then my back surgery. The first time getting the VAC dressing clean, I almost passed out. Once the dressing was I saw the wound was so deep. I could see my muscle and tendon. Today is my 6 week anniversary of having the wound VAC on. The wound hole is getting better, but now they are letting me have the choice of getting a skin graft. The plastic surgeon told me that if I get the skin graft and if it takes I will most likely only have two-three weeks of healing. Where as, just having wound Vac could take four-six or more weeks to heal. The only thing that scares me about the skin graft is getting another wound. The doctor said that the skin graft area will hurt more then the wound.
If any of my readers have had a skin graft or even a wound VAC, is there a way you can give me information and what happen to yourself? I need help decided and I am scared. My email is sn11386@gmail.com please email if you had a VAC and/or a skin graft. Thanks




--
Stephanie Norton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Review on Rachel Hauck's The Memory House plus Giveaway

Medication Gluten Free List

Below Deck Mediterranean Season 4 Junkie Review