National Foundation For Celiac Awareness

The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) is a non profit organization to help raise awareness of Celiac Disease. I have volunteered for over two years by handing out their brochures at doctors offices and natural health food stores. The organization has a monthly email newsletter. I use to have write articles for the newsletter.
Their goal is to help reduce the time to diagnose and reduce te devastating impact of undiagnosed Celiac Disease, including the contraction of other diseases such as cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and 'autoimmune cascade.'
I was diagnosed late and ended up with many more medical issues. The peditrician didn't know anything about Celiac. I was told that I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome, but It was acutally Celiac for seventeen years. Now I am twenty-three with already ten surgeries.
The Foundation is always looking for volunteers. You can visit their website at: http://www.celiaccentral.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Review on Rachel Hauck's The Memory House plus Giveaway

Medication Gluten Free List

Below Deck Mediterranean Season 4 Junkie Review