2016 New Year Reflections!

It is that time of the year when we have to say goodbye to the old year and welcome the new. 2016 has been a great year for me other than my health.  I usually have to deal with something going wrong with my health every year.

Positive things that happened:

  • Chosen to produce and help write our thesis film. This film one 3rd place at the Grand Rapids Comic-Con. 

  • Graduated from College. It took me 9 years because of my health but I did it. I got my BFA in Film and Media. I not only graduated but graduated with honors. I received Outstanding Leadership and the Diamond Heart Award. 

  • Got hired as the Production Coordinator for Micah Tyler's music video "Never Been A Moment" directed by Harold Cronk. You might know Harold Cronk who directed the "Gods Not Dead" movies. 
Harold Cronk














  • I didn't have to worry about finding an internship because I ended up with three. My first one was the music video. Second, I was hired to produce a commercial for Wisdom of the Wounded. Third, I was social media coordinator for Feel Like You Belong
  • Found an amazing kind Gastro doctor at Henry Ford Hospital. 
  • I have amazing friends who truly care about me. 
There are more but these are some of the biggest positive things of my year. 

I have also had some negative things that happened to me. I don't like to focus my energy on it, but I have learned everything you go through you will grow a positive thing. 

Negative Things:
  • Learned I will have a hard time finding a full-time job who will work with my medical conditions. 
  • Experienced sexual abuse from my boyfriend which I am thankfully not in anymore.   I will tell you the story later. This relationship taught me so much. One thing it taught me is to not meet someone on the Tinder app again. 
  • Student Loans, health problems, having lots of prescriptions, medical bills, and living expenses don't mix. Affordable Health Care isn't so affordable. Government and getting on disability is a pain in the butt.  
The list could go on. 

My List of Ten Things I want to accomplish this year:

1. Post regularly on my blog. 
2. Do some vlogging. 
3. Write my book. 
4. Finish my screenplay. 
5. Join more clubs. 
6. Not be so hard on myself. 
7. Hopefully, put some weight on. 
8. Learn to play the guitar. 
9. Get back to playing the piano again. 
10. Sell more things on Ebay. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Holidays!! 

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Review on Rachel Hauck's The Memory House plus Giveaway

Medication Gluten Free List

Below Deck Mediterranean Season 4 Junkie Review