Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again! Pre-screen Movie Review


Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again! doesn't come out until July 20th, but my mom and I won two tickets for an early screening.  We were so excited and couldn't wait to see it. As we walk into the theatre there are security guards ask us to put our phones in our purse. The theatre next to ours they were physically taking phones away from people and putting them in envelopes.

I believe they were viewing the new Van Disel movie. Anyways, I was so excited because I loved the first Mamma Mia! Plus I love ABBA
and the Broadway musical too.

The 270 seats were all full and everyone eating their popcorn and candy.  The music started to play as the Legendary Entertainment logo is played on the screen.we were so excited.

The cast from the first one is all reunited except for one character and you will have to see the movie to find out who that character is. This sequel's story was not what I thought it was going to be about. The trailer makes it seem to be all about Sophie having a baby and everyone reuniting for it but that isn't the case.

Even Google's logline of Here We Go Again! is:
Sophie finds out more about her mother's past while seeking guidance on how to handle her pregnancy.
Instead, there is a huge spin to the story and it didn't focus on Sophie being pregnant. You didn't find that out until the very end of the movie.  The movie focuses on Sophie reopening the hotel and while she is getting the hotel up and running we flashback to Donna's young adulthood when she met Sam, Bill, and Harry. This is why I am saying I am not a huge fan of what the writers did. It worked and was still entertaining, but it could have been so much better.

I don't want to spoil it too much but let's just say Donna (Meryl Streep) is only in 1% of the movie so if you are going to see it because of Meryl Streep you will be very disappointed. Cher is in it more than Meryl.  I would have loved to have seen the trailers not show who the grandmother is and had it a complete surprise.
Most of ABBA's biggest songs were in the first film, Here We Go Again has plenty of music and dancing. Most of the music and dancing has a 60s twist. The costumes are so much fun. The location is just gorgeous. There is a lot of greenscreen work Unlike the first one, there isn't any nudity and is really clean, but just because it is clean doesn't mean it doesn't have some funny jokes. There are many great jokes in this film.

I would give this film a 5/10 stars. It was a fun movie, but nothing but a fun movie. I didn't leave wanting to see again like I did with the first one.








Ω






Popular posts from this blog

My Book Review on Rachel Hauck's The Memory House plus Giveaway

Medication Gluten Free List

Below Deck Mediterranean Season 4 Junkie Review