Orphan Five Week Old Kitten


                                 
As many of you know, I lost my best friend Jakie Punkin to cancer in May of 2018 to cancer.   Ever since then I have been struggling emotionally and physically. I just can't get out of the depression. It has been pretty bad. 

Two weeks ago, I think my Grandpa from Heaven, sent me this beautiful 4-week old kitten.

It was crazy how we ended up getting her.  Three weeks ago, my friend's roommate's mother found a batch of kittens behind her shed.  A couple days later she noticed the kittens disappearing.  The mother cat never came back to get this kitten so the roommate's mother brought her inside and cleaned her up. She was plastered with fleas. The roommate's mother couldn't keep it because of her dog.  My friend picked up the kitten and was going to take care of it until we could find her a foster home. In the meantime, she was bottle feeding her every 2-3 hours. My friend broke down crying because she was so exhausted. She was working over 20 hours a week and going to college. We did find a foster home for her but we had to wait three more days until he can get her. My dad didn't want another cat, so my mom and I hid her in the garage from him. Luckily we were able to get her to eat growl, which is soupy food (milk formula and Kitten food).

In the morning, my dad met her and fell in love with her like we did.  I was sleeping in bed when mom came into my room. She told me if I wanted to keep her I can. I was shocked but scared all at once. I was worried I will screw her up,  Jakie won't want to come back and dad won't allow a third cat in the household. I really want Jakie back.  I have been communicating with a pet communicator, Judy Ramsey. She told me Jakie wants to come back after he rests in Heaven for a few months.

Taking care of baby kittens is a lot of work. I don't know how the Kitten Lady can do this all the time.  We were trying to figure out her name. We looked up a bunch of popular and cute names for cats but none of them sounded right for her. The name Trixie kept popping in my head. I asked my friend if we should call her Trixie or Snickers. She said, "Trixie" too.

The next day my mom took my grandma out shopping at the grocery store. She told my mom Grandpa's pet was named Trixie. This is why I feel like my Grandpa sent me her. 

The next day I talked with Judy, the pet communicator before I officially said I would keep her. Judy told me Jakie still wants to come back. He is looking at coming back in the Spring and is perfectly fine with Trixie.  I also wanted to know if my 13-year-old cat Faith is okay with her too. Faith told Judy she is fine with except she doesn't want to be her mother.  Because Faith didn't want to show her the ropes we asked if Jakie could. Jakie said, "no problem." Judy did say my Grandpa sent me Trixie.



Litter box training a kitten can be very complicated especially at her age. Before talking to Judy she had no clue what to do in the litter box other than play in it. After talking to Judy and having Jakie in Heaven show her the ropes she used the litter box properly. I was shocked. We haven't had a problem since.

We have been keeping Trixie and Faith separated until I can have her seen at my vet.

Things were going great with her until we noticed a bunch of fleas on her again. We ended up having to give her a bath with dial soap.  I sprayed down the house with flea spray. I hate not being able to put Frontline. I was terrified Faith was going to get fleas. The last time she had fleas she had a severe allergic reaction. I had some Advantage spray and sprayed her down a little.  Every day we took the flea comb and brushed them both out 8 times a day.

After having her for one we started introducing her to kitten food with kitten formula and made it very soupy. We also started putting her into a small kitty litter box. She caught on pretty quick. We couldn't keep the kitty box on the floor because I wanted to make sure she is clear of worms, FeLV, FIV. We couldn't get her into the vet until 7 days later, so we kept them far from each other to be on the safe side.

I was worried about how Trixie was going to handle the vet. We brought Faith too because she has been having ear problems.

I brought in a stool sample from Trixie to be tested. My vet tested for the FIV, FeLV and thank God she was negative. Otherwise, I would have to get rid of her. She was dewormed and her stool sample was sent to the laboratory to see exactly want worms she has. She did so well. Faith ended up with yeast in her ears.

Four days later we found out Trixie has worms so she has to be on deworming meds for a while or at least until the worms don't show up in the poop.

She has so much energy and now is starting to want to explore. She is wanting to get into everything. When we are gone we put her into a playpen. When she is out of the playpen we are watching her.

She is a very smart cat. She also loves to attack the hands, arms, and feet. We are doing our best to put a toy in front of her so she knows what to bite and play with.

I will keep you posted on her cuteness.



Popular posts from this blog

My Book Review on Rachel Hauck's The Memory House plus Giveaway

Medication Gluten Free List

Below Deck Mediterranean Season 4 Junkie Review