Do I Have COVID 19? Am I dying?


Sunday night, I had a pretty good headache but thought nothing of it. Usually every year in Spring I get many headaches due to the weather changing. So I didn't think anything of it.

Monday, I woke up with my stomach not being nice to me. I couldn't stop running to the bathroom. TMI Warning!! I didn't have diarrhea, but I kept going and going. I was going at least 5 times every hour and it was a lot of stool every time I went.  I also had bone pain which was really bad. My back pain increased. I checked my temperature because I was having chills but was also sweating too. According to my Thermador, my fever ranged from 99 to 101. Crap. Is this COVID 19? or is this just my stomach with colitis or diverticulosis flare? I tried to get comfy in my recliner but had a hard time getting comfortable so I went to bed until my back was screaming to get up and go back to the recliner. I did this all day and night on top of running to the bathroom.  My circulation to my feet was horrid because my feet were ice cold and extremely painful. The nausea was horrid. 
I was so excited when it was finally time to take my Ambien. I prayed I would wake up feeling better. Please God!!

Tuesday morning, I rolled over in bed thinking to myself "Am I feeling better?". NOPE. I started running to the bathroom again and again. Not again. Oh LORD PLEASE HELP!! How much more do I have left in my system because the last time I drank and ate anything was Sunday at 11:30pm.  The body ache was still horrid. My temperature went from 99-101. I was trying to stay calm and not freak out. My heart rate was really high. I was soooo weak. I was having a tiny hard time breathing but I think it was more because of my stomach spasming and being very weak.  I couldn't stop sneezing. My back and circulation weren't any better. The sad part was I knew what would get me back on my feet. This would be going to urgent care/ER to get IV Fluid with Phenergan, Ativan, and Morphine, but with the COVID problem it wouldn't be a good idea to go so instead I called my primary care doctor. 

They told me I have to go to a special medical office aka "sick" building. The nurse didn't think I had COVID but because of my fever they didn't want to bring me into their office with healthy people. Healthy people are checkups, broken bones, cuts, etc.

I was terrified of going to the "sick" clinic, but because I am only 92 pounds with heart problems so I didn't want to get so dehydrated it would cause a heart attack or a stroke. My appointment was at 2:50pm. When I get to the clinic I have to call the number to let them know I am there.

My mom took me. We got in the parking lot and I called the number. I talked to the triage nurse on the phone. We went through questions and medications. Then the nurse transferred me to the doctor. I talked to the doctor on the phone. He asked me my symptoms and when did this start. Once we were done he told me he is sending the nurse out to get me.

The nurse approached my car and asked to see my ID to make sure they have the right person. He then handed me a mask and told me not to touch anything. Another nurse opens the door to the clinic and was taken to the room.
Usually, the nurses take your blood pressure and temperature, but this time they didn't. The doctor came in wearing all he PPE outfit. He took my blood pressure, temperature, and oxygen. He thinks I have a bacteria infection in my small intestine and colon. He also thinks I have a bladder infection because I told him it has been starting to burn some when I pee. He is pretty sure it isn't COIVD 19.  If I don't feel better in 7 days he would suggest getting tested for COVID 19. I asked him if they have any tests. He said they have plenty now. I wouldn't have to worry because of all my disabilities I would be the first one to get a test. He would have sent me to the ER to get fluid because my heart rate was 150 and my blood pressure was high, but because I have so many serious autoimmune conditions I would be most likely to catch COVID 19 in the hospital, so he told me to hold out as much as I can. He put me on Augmentin and a liquid Phenergan to help my nausea go down so I can drink better.  He also told me if I still can't get water down then I should go to urgent care.

After the doctor left the nurse came in handed me the paperwork and told me not to touch anything while I walk out to my car. The other nurse opens the door to go outside. The appointment from start to finish was around an hour.

There were only 2 patients in the building at a time.

I can't thank these healthcare workers enough as well as people who are working at grocery stores, truckers and anyone else in the frontline. We can't do it without them.

Please stay home. If everyone stays home we can get back to normal a lot faster.  It drives me nuts when I find some of my friends who aren't staying home. They are going to different friends' houses to hang out.  I understand you don't have school or unemployed or laid off at this time, but this doesn't mean it is a vacation. This is not a time to be social unless its social media sites.  Again stay home and only go out for groceries. Don't go out for gardening, paint, clothing, toys, etc. only groceries.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter at home with the people you are quarantine with. If you are alone connect with a church who is using zoom communication or Facebook video.

Here in Kent County Michigan, there are 250 cases and 13 deaths.

Michigan has a total of 22,783 cases and a total of 1,281 deaths.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Review on Rachel Hauck's The Memory House plus Giveaway

Medication Gluten Free List

Below Deck Mediterranean Season 4 Junkie Review