COVID 19 Hit Our Family

COVID-19 has hit us. It didn't hit us health-wise, at least at this moment when I am writing this, but job-wise. My dad got laid off on Friday, April 24. This is not good. Why? because my mom doesn't work because she takes care of me. She is my caregiver.  We cannot live off my part-time job of $15 an hour 20 hours a week. There is no way.  Supposedly he is on temporary lay off from his work isn't kind.  They only think about themselves. They could have asked for him to go on a different shift. He has worked for the company for 37 years. He knows how to run 98% of the machines in the factory.  To top it off they aren't paying for their insurance now, so on April 24, they don't have health insurance now.  This scares me so much. How is this stay at home lockdown really helping people? People are losing their homes, health insurance, food, suicide, mental health, PTSD and the list goes on? How is this saving lives?
My mom passed out in the middle of the night and when I got up to go to the bathroom I found my mom laying in a puddle of blood. She passed out and landed on her face. As the hospital was giving her warfarin the bruising in her face got ten times worse.  This scared me and I will never get the image of my mom laying in a pile of her blood on the floor. 

My parents need health insurance because three years ago, I almost lost my mom due to blood clots. She had three large blood clots in each of her lungs and a few small ones in her legs. She is now on warfarin and blood pressure medication and is required to get blood work done twice a month. 
Without insurance, this will be difficult especially since we don't have any money coming it. 
Mom (2017) Hospital 

 I am unable to work full-time because of all my health conditions, so my parents have been helping me pay for my health insurance. It costs around $380 a month and then there are copays.  I picked up one of my prescriptions yesterday and it cost me $205. MIHealth (Medicaid) doesn't want to pay for it because of it being a pain patch so it just goes through Blue Cross.  Typically by Septermeper, it is free because we got the minium done. Medical insurance is so annoying and frustrating.  I wish they would just make everything a realistic price so we wouldn't need health insurance. Come on $75 for 2 Tylenol in the hospital.  

Anyways, life is challenging. I try my best to take one day at a time. I am so lucky to have amazing parents. I just wish I could support them. When I was a teenager my goal was to get a really good paying job so I can pay it forward to them. I wanted my dad to retire at 62 and not have to worry about money because I would help them out, but that isn't happening. Well, it is and it isn't. I am paying for my insurance and a couple of bills. I wish I could have a money tree. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Review on Rachel Hauck's The Memory House plus Giveaway

Medication Gluten Free List

Below Deck Mediterranean Season 4 Junkie Review