Sadness Oliver Crossed the Rainbow from FIP

6
As many of you know, I got an adorable baby boy (kitten) who ended up having so many health problems. If you don’t know I will catch you up. In May of 2017, my 16 year old cat Jakie passed away from cancer. You may not believe it or not but I have a pet communicator, Judy Ramsey. She amazing. Jakie told her he wants to come back in a year. I was so excited.

Well around April 2019 I called Judy to find out if Jakie is ready to come back and he said, ”Yes.” I had to find a kitten who was around 1-4 weeks old. A friend of mine fosters orphaned baby kittens. They just got a bunch in. They sent me some pictures of them and Jakie picked the one he wanted to go in.
Second time we saw him.

I scheduled a time to see him. He is sooo tiny and adorable. I couldn’t wait to take him home.

Finally, the end of July I got to take him home. I knew this was Jakie because Faith kept hissing at Trixie when we brought her home. When we brought Oliver aka Jakie home Faith ran over to him and started licking his head and purred.  It was so cute. Oliver knew where everything was. He knew where is toys, litter, treat box and our bedrooms.  

                                  

First time meeting him
When we got him he was so very thin and curled his tail under himself. My mom and I couldn’t figure out if it was just because his tail was longer than normal or if it was due to getting fixed two days before picking him up. Later that day we found out he had severe diarrhea. Everything went through our head from: new food and being fixed. He would eat and then 5 mins later he would have severe diarrhea.  I took him to my vet immediately especially because my mom saw worms. They put him on deworming medication, but he still had diarrhea. We also noticed he had a pot belly and walked with a waddle. My vet didn’t see anything wrong so she assumed it was just his character.

He is Home Now!! July 2019 

He was still having loose stools throughout August. We noticed him having an eye infection and a low fever, so back to the vet. She put him on a steroid and antibiotic eye drop. She also had us do his boosters too on the same day which was a huge mistake.

Oliver & Trixie. They are buds. Aug 2019

He was constantly sneezing two weeks went by and he was sneezing. We noticed he was breathing really harsh and fast. We had an appointment with my vet in the morning, but I was too scared so my mom took him to Blue Pearl at 12:30am. I couldn’t go with her because I just took my sleeping medication. I woke up to find out he had lots of fluid on his lungs. Blue Pearl shaved him and drained his lungs. They wanted us to keep him there with fluid drips. It would have costed us over $8000 otherwise. They told my mom he has wet FIP and should be put down. We ended up spending $860 on that visit.

 
We took him to my normal vet and once she was told what Blue Pearl thought she wouldn’t look into anything else. I was getting so frustrated. After taking him to my regular vet 3 times. He had a little bit of fluid on his lungs the second time so he drained it. The third time he didn’t have any fluid on his lungs, but a tiny bit of fluid in his abdomen but not enough to pull any of it out.

Every time we took him to the vet they made us feel horrid for not putting him down. I couldn’t put him down because he was playing hard with Trixie, he was eating like crazy, and he wanted attention all the time.

I decided to take him to a different vet, a cat clinic. They were amazing and did tons of tests. We found out he had giardia really bad and a couple other parasites. We got Trixie tested too and found out she had parasites and positive for the coronavirus which is scaring me because there could be a chance the coronavirus can turn into FIP.


Again the cat clinic vets kept making us feel like a horrid person for not putting him down. My pet communicator, Judy, said Oliver isn’t ready to give up. He is determined to fight it.  Vets don’t like patients questioning them or believe in 
miracles and communicating with animals.

Once they were able to take some of the fluid from the abdomen we found out he does have wet FIP. I cried, but I wasn’t going to give up especially since he doesn’t want to give up.

Oliver the best boy in the world! Sept 2019
A week ago Oliver’s eyes were getting worse. He started grinding his teeth which was making it hard for him to eat. We don’t know if he is grinding his teeth because of the FIP or a habit or dehydration, kidneys, stomach issues or all of the above.
The past two days he is eating less and less and we are seeing some neurological issues happening.

 

I called my pet communicator to find out if he is still wants to fight this. Nope he is ready to go and needs help crossing the Rainbow. We are cuddling with him as much as we can with him. It is so hard not wanting to stop everything and be with him. My mom and I are taking turns cuddling him.

Judy said he wants to come back, but this time I am choosing the body and it will be a black male.

I love him sooo much!! I will miss my little boy. I am so use to having cats that lived to be 16 or older not 6 months.

Things I have learned from Oliver:
  •   Don’t get kittens from foster homes that home over 15 orphaned kittens.
  •  Don’t get shots when a kitten has diarrhea
  • Wait at least 5 months to get your kitten spayed or fixed.
  • If your cat is sick with anything or you think they are DO NOT get their shots/boosters. 
  • Try to get the foster/shelter organization to test the cat for the FIV, FeLIV, Coronavirus, along with parasites before bringing the cat home.
  • Make sure to question your vet and get second opinions.
  • Make sure the shelter/organization is feeding their cats wet food and not dry food.
  • Suggest still using kitten formula even if they are on dry and wet food.
  •  Immuncare,  B-12, and Omega is important to keep their immune system good.
  • If you have a house with multiple cats make sure to clean the litter at least 8 times a day or more. Each cat should have their own litter box. We not only clean them but we also spray down the boxes with a natural cleaner 2 or more times a week.
  • Wash toys and blankets at least once a week.
  • Make sure to weigh them once a week.  
  •  Keep a good journal of what they ate, how many times you played with them, how long they have slept. How many times they went potty. Write if it is hard, solid, normal, soft, loose, runny and severe explosive diarrhea. Cats are great at hiding their illness so it is important to keep track of them. How much are they eating and drinking. How many treats are you giving them. 
     Please help us find a cure for FIP. If you volunteer at a shelter or your cat is diagonsed with FIP contact Wendy Wingate to help you plan for when your poor baby passes away from FIP. They need FIP Cat bodies so they can find a cure for it. There is no cost to you unless you want it crimnated after they take what they need. It sounds awful, but your cat won't die for nothing. 

   


      Here is the contact information:

      Cornell Uiversity FCoV Study
      Wendy Wingate
      (607) 253-4065
      fcovstudy@cornell.edu
    
Address:
     Cornell University FCoV Study
The Whittaker Lab
C4-118, VMC
930 Campus Road
Ithaca, NY   14853-6401

 I will miss him so much, but he is now out of pain. I am glad I didn't put him down the first time the vet (Aug 2019) said to put him down or the second (Aug 2019) or the third (Sept 2019)  or the fourth time (Oct 2019) and the fifth time (Beginning of Nov 2019)  because he was a kitten until December 1, 2019. I would have missed out on a little over 4 months of him being a regular kitten if I listened to the vet. I will repeat- do not immediatly put down your cat if your vet suspects it is FIP because they are many other diseases that have the same symptoms of FIP. If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate contacting me at entertainmentforallnetwork@gmail.com

A great resource is a Facebook Group called FIP Advisory and Care Group they are so helpful! 

Another major helpful resource is Maria S. Bonino  She highly involved in helping find a cure. She had a couple of her babies die from FIP. She is so sweet. https://www.facebook.com/mariasbonino

If you would like to talk to your cat and see how he/she is doing I have a wonderful pet communicator. Her name is Judy Ramsey. I have been using her services for 2 years and she is dead on. She knows things no one would know.  Her website is: Heart to Heart Communiation


Watch out for Facebook Groups on FIP who are trying to sell some sort of medications that supposeable is curing cats, but they won't tell you where the medication is coming from and the person who tells you about has extra you can buy from him/her, but again they don't tell you where they got it from. They just say from a trusted resource in China. It costs around $400 a week and you have to give it to your cat for 12 weeks. If your cat isn't cured by 12 weeks they will give you 12 more weeks for free. it just sounds scary and fishy to me.  


Please keep us in your prayers. If you have a sick FIP cat I am sending you prayers as well. 


Crossed the Rainbow Peacefully on
Friday December 6, 2019


Crossed the Rainbow Peacefully on
Friday December 6, 2019
Crossed the Rainbow Peacefully on
Friday December 6, 2019


      Oliver time of dealth: 2:30pm on Friday December 6, 2019. He was only 6 months old.  :(  Oliver may you rest in peace. I will miss him so much. Hopefully he will decide to come back soon because we all miss him so much especially Trixie. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Review on Rachel Hauck's The Memory House plus Giveaway

Below Deck Mediterranean Season 4 Junkie Review

Medication Gluten Free List